Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ok, I am nervous now!
I emailed my ever so trusted surgeon that has relocated to Tampa (about 3 hrs away) for his opinion on the lumpy boobies.. here is his reply...

I tell my patients that I could remove it “for peace of mind.” However, now that you have had an abnormal mammo, you can either get a core biopsy (bx) from a radiologist (less scar, less $, ? less pain, usually easier to schedule) or an excisional bx. If the bx is positive, then you need to see a surgeon for large excision, and possibly further treatment (chemo and/or radiation depending on the operation). If the bx is negative, you STILL have to see a surgeon for an excisional bx in order to get the whole mass out and identify that it is completely benign (if the bx comes back positive, see previous sentence). It is confusing for the patient, but you need to know ALL of your options.


Yes, all of this is very possible, but SEEING it made it even more possible. I really needed that, someone to really level with me... thats what I miss about this Dr. Like I said ... it really became to realistic when he spelled that out for me...

I am off to work... 10-6 today. I have to warn you.. I closed last night for the first time flying solo (just me and a newer employee, I was responsible for the register closings and store order) and if I get any bitching about anything done incorrectly, I may just quit... I am just not in the right state of mind for nit picking.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

Thinking of you. Sending lots of prayers for tomorrow.

HUGS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home